What You Want to Know

You Asked. We Answered.

Common Questions

If you don’t see the answer to one of your questions below, please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can call us at (775) 338-6969 or send us an email at dan@silverstatedj.com. We are typically very quick to respond!

That is entirely up to you. I am there to provide an amazing experience for you and your guests and if requests are a part of your vision then sure!

I keep my time on the mic to a minimum. I am there to direct guests and make necessary announcements. I will make sure you and your guests are hyped up for the grand entrance and the party! I don’t do cheesy radio voices and I won’t make a rambling speech about what love means to me.

Absolutely! Before I DJ’d weddings and private events I played tons of clubs and festivals. I’ve always been a mixing scratching DJ and I carry that vibe over to all my events.

I make sure everything I use is current and high quality. For speakers I use RCF Evox J8’s for the party setup. I use JBL Eon One Compact for my ceremonies. My microphones are made by Shure. My lighting is from JMaz and Both. My booth and staging is from Rockville.

My photobooth is a Salsa Booth, an elegant booth experience.

Again this is entirely up to you. If you want to pick out the music for the entire night you certainly can. I’ve found the best way to do it is to give me some of your favorite artists and songs and I will build the programming for the evening around your particular tastes and styles. This leaves me some flexibility to read the crowd and work the room. I think 80/20 is a good ratio. You provide 20% of what you want to hear and I come up with the other 80%.

I grew up listening to funk, soul, and hip-hop

Customize Your

event packages

Book Event

Customize Your

Event Packages

Book Event